Skip to main content

The Law of Attraction and what I have learned from it so far

By: Kali Alaia/ Christel Pay Seng



It was 2011, I was sitting in the living room of my ex boyfriend's home when I saw the CD of the short film " The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.

Before watching " The Secret" I was a really negative person, I tend to focus on the bad issue that are happening in life, and I was also very angry with my parents for divorcing and for my life condition.

 I was drawn to protests and rallies inside our school organizations and usually wrote about topics that usually make people depressed.

I felt really suicidal for a long time, having no knowledge and access to the Universal Laws, I somehow thought that life was boring.

Life is not simply about eating food, dressing up, going to work, getting your salary, buying a new gadget, getting sick, taking a bath, riding a cab, or traveling from time to time if you have the money--

Existence  is meant to be so much more than this and one of the best channels to put me out there is by first seeing this short film.

 It has opened up a lot of questions in my head, I knew then that these people talking about abundance just found a channel that was easier for people to digest, but that the Universe is totally made up of something more--there is something more than what the naked eye sees.



I knew then that life was meant to be something else but the books provided to me in school and the knowledge was not enough for me to break through my barriers.

I remember sitting there in front of the TV astounded by what  I have heard.

The film talked about the laws of energy and attraction and the Source of all things and while it took me 4 more years to understand more about how this law works--much has changed after watching the Law of attraction.

The transformation did not come in an instant, learning to think positively and trusting that everything will work out for the best and finding the good and opportunity even in circumstances that you think are bad or evil is not easily achieved.

It took me years of overcoming a lot of my trust issues, years of overcoming the limitations of what my mind can do-- and even up to this very moment I am still upgrading and learning more about the Universal Laws.


The Law of Attraction is just one of the laws there are still more laws that people need to understand and discuss and the learning does not end there.

 It is like training to become an alchemist, the ability to understand what is going inside your mind and to know that not everything you see is real and that you can create  your own reality would take getting used to.

11 Laws of the Universe: 


  • The Law of Thinking

  • The Law of Supply

  • The Law of Attraction

  • The Law of Receiving

  • The Law of Increase

  • The Law of Compensation

  • Law of Non-Resistance

  • The Law of Forgiveness

  • The Law of Sacrifice

  • The Law of Obedience

  • The Law of Success
There are still a lot of laws that we need to understand during our lifetime and not only that we also need to learn our karmic path and why we have chosen to live at  a certain point in our life.

What changed since then?

A lot of things have manifested in my life, my wish started out as simple. I started out with just over 330 friends on Facebook to reaching 2,000 individuals plus 1, 374 people following my account just because I have started thinking in terms of energy.




The world has started to open up a totally new dimension for me, I wrote in my notebook that I will meet more than a thousand people in my journey and this has occurred.

From the 19 year old girl who hated her parents, thought that protesting was the solution to everything to the person who started loving life-

The law of attraction has allowed me to meet so  many artistic and talented individuals. I was able to travel extensively even without the cash for it, it has even allowed me to go and visit my dream country Bangkok, Thailand.

The wishes and manifestations inside my mind and the things I  have written in my notebook-- a lot of them came true and more of the wishes are still occurring and manifesting right now. ( So be careful what you wish for)

The Law of Attraction changed my point of attraction and circumstances because I also chose to direct my energies towards the new--it has allowed me to forgive even my own mother and this has given me a wave of relief.

I was able to write so many articles and was even able to hike so many mountains. I even became a part of a really wonderful theater production and was able to create epic productions in my hometown as well..Using the Law of Attraction does not mean you will already be immune to problems or that your world will no longer be shattered--it just  means that no matter what happens you will learn to expand your  energy, use your wits and be more expecting of a better life than what you used to know.

The truth is, the experience I have had, the reach and power of what I was able to manifest, the people I have met, is not a usual path and many people can only dream of it.

This is why I am extremely grateful and I know that there would be more. I was able to love  life--in its pure marvelous form and was able to connect with so many pure souls along the way.


From the year 2012, my journey has been amazing, and I was able to do so many epic things that I would not have achieved if the short film was not shown to me--










Deep inside I always knew that I would meet the answers to some of my vital questions. At the age of 12, I knew then instinctively that we are more than just bodies and that there is a higher consciousness going out there that we have to see.

From a plain girl, who just dreams of traveling and encountering magnificent people I was able to attract amazing experiences into my life.

Because of the law of attraction and the things that I have wished for to happen to me, despite not having any steady  job for 7 years I was able to travel to some of the most fantastic places and was able to meet so many interesting characters, even celebrities- billionaires that would have otherwise not been in my field of vicinity had I not started discussing and attracting them.

It is true that what we create in our minds and what we visualize will come about, its just that at times we are not clear about who we are yet and we tend to create wishes that are not aligned with our purpose.

When they stated the law of attraction, it was presented as a mere shortcut and they did not tell you--that you must first meet yourself before you can attract the right circumstances because by then in fully growing and developing your real wants and needs--

Your wish will be clearer.

 The law of attraction works whether you believe in it or not-- so it is better to focus your ideas and thoughts to where you want to be in life, things you love, people you aspire for and to have a solid wish and direction on where you want to be--

In order to do that you need to observe, and widen your horizons and yes--you need to expand your knowledge- this means meeting more people, and reflecting more and increasing your awareness in order to get the right wish granted.



Most of the time we think that the Law of Attraction is just about creating a wish list, and intending that to happen, while it is truly that easy to  manifest it.

We first have to be sure that it is what we really want. A lot of us don't really get to attract the wealth that we want, because in  our subconscious  minds there are still old patterns that we have not yet removed yet.

One of the biggest blocks of Attracting what we want is Fear and Poverty consciousness. These barriers have to be removed first before we can get to where we are. But these barriers can only be removed through a higher power-- a higher guidance.

After seeing the Law of Attraction, creating my vision board, I had to revise what I want from my life over and over again  leading to a series of detours.

The  main thing that you need to know when using the Law of Attraction is to have Focus, to attain this and to know a solid grounding in your life.


What is your LIFE PURPOSE and why do you want to be abundant?

Why do you want that new car, why do you want new clothes, why do you want to have a high paying job, why do you want to travel, why do you want a certain person to be your partner.

You have to establish a solid ground for wishing things before they can occur, because if  it is already ingrained with you--then your focus will not easily get distracted and you can continue feeling good and light and in connection with the Source.

The Source which the Law of Attraction was talking about is the Divine Source-- this means what we call " God" or Divine Inspiration.

Some religions would often tell their members to fear, and to live in fear and the idea that poverty is fine and that it is what the Kingdom of God wants--

But to be abundant, to feel good, to be out of poverty., to be able to transform lives, to live without fear is the intending of the Spirit, it is the intention of the Source to align us with the Love-- but first we need to go deeper and reflect on our own life issues as well as the wishes that we have placed- it has to be clear.

Why do you want something, where do you intend to use it, will it benefit humanity in the long run  and are the things you are wishing for, a way back to love?


In order for the law of Attraction to work, you must firs have no  fear,  you must not in any way focus on the fears that you have.

In order for the law of attraction to work, you must first have absolute faith in the Divine, that even in times of struggle- the Divine and Supreme Being is looking out and that any adversity can be a turning point for the best times of your life.

This means you need to start the process of  meditation, the process of calming your thoughts and connecting with  the higher realm. In other terms, you would need to put in prayer as a regular part of your life, in order to bring continuous light to you.

Most of the time, evil forces and negative energies tend to suck the energy out of a person, once they stop connecting with the main source of energy which is the Divine, for this reason it is a day to day remembrance and process of going back to the Divine Source of all there is.

Once this is established, everything and anything that we do will flow through us and would be easier to accomplish. All our wishes would be aligned. 

Some people tend to ask for billions of dollars or a brand new car, or a  girlfriend but if this is not aligned with the wishes of the Divine-- then despite the fact that a person could achieve this, it does not mean it will be fulfilling and it does not mean that this will last. 

Life will be a series of ups and downs, but as long as a person is already in  tune with the Divine, the Law of Attraction and the Laws of the Universe would be easier to manifest. 



( I would be writing more on the series of the Law of Attraction and the Laws of the Universe in my upcoming blogs) 


Popular posts from this blog

Know your local artist: Khervin John Gallandez : The Ilocano Artist

Khervin John Gallandez is an emerging visual artist from Ilocos. It has been a personal advocacy to share the amazing people I have met while on the road Khervin John Gallandez, is one of the many hopefuls in the local art industry— and he is definitely worth our time. He has focus and determination and young artists can learn a lot from his willingness to evolve when it comes to his craft. Q&A : At what age did you first realize that you wanted to become an artist? I started to draw at the age of 7, as far as I remember.  I draw simple houses with my cousins. My mother was a disciplinarian before, and she provides used papers for me to draw/scribble instead of me going out and playing around. When my father came back in Philippines from working abroad, he brought set of encyclopedias for me to read.  It was then the first time that I read about paintings of the old masters (e.g. Leonardo Da Vinci, Van Gogh and others) which gave me my

Why you need to visit the Bamboo Intramuros

There are very few places in Metro Manila that would make you feel relaxed and one with nature . I was fortunate enough to meet one of the legendary owners of  Bamboo Grande franchise.  Honesto Deuda aka Ka-Oni  is well loved by friends, acquaintances and people who have met him from different walks of life.  He co-owns some of the best bar and restaurants in Metro Manila. Ka Oni is known for creating inspiring and bars that have soul, spunk and spirit.  He has been conceptualizing organic looking resto bars for more than 10 years now. Ka- Oni's creations are noticeable because the resto bars that he creates are made out of love for music and the arts. His process is different, Ka Oni  creates the vision for the restaurants but does not need to put them on paper, they are directly executed from his imagination to reality.   Ka Oni was already featured in Mabuhay International Magazine for the amazing work that he has done with his surrounding commun

Origami Pilipinas: Changing the Country one paper fold at a time

MAY 22 TIU theater is an artist hub located in Makati, and I was given the chance to watch Bakata: The Battle of Street Poets, a play produced by  Toshihiko Uriu  -   The play was a huge success and is predicted to turn into a Philippine classic, but I am writing this article right now to highlight another story that occurred inside the TIU theater.  A collaboration piece that helped produce the effect of the wonder called Bakata. I noticed the glow of the lanterns and the paper cranes highlighted in the stage design, it had the flair and flamboyant but subtle effect that was needed in order to make the stage look just perfect for the story line.  Leo R Natividad is the President and Owner of Origami Pilipinas.  I was fortunate to meet members like  L. River Butay, Adonis dela Cruz as well as Jose Monzales and other volunteers who continue to strengthen Origami Pilipinas. Origami Pilipinas and their Advocacy: Origami Pilipinas, was founded out of pa