Skip to main content

Love and Light

Kadalasan mahal lang natin ang mga tao, for the good side that we see- but how about if they introduce to use the dark that resides in them.
Paano pag nalaman mo yung kadiliman, hanggan saan ang iyong pagtanggap.
Over the years, eto yung natutunan ko- ano ba yung unconditional love?
I have lived in a Subdivision, premyadong eskwelahan, nabibili ko gusto ko, we have an extravagant na life, ni hindi ko alam mag luto ng tama, o mag saing ng tama ng kanin- In short, wala... wala akong alam sa realidad ng ibang tao and I had to undergo all of this changes sa lifestyle to open me up to the world for real acceptance.
Unti-unti nabubuksan sa akin kung ano yung mga nililihim ng mga tao sa sarili nila- natutunan ko tumanggap ng mga tao kahit ano ang trabaho nila...
I stopped condemning the prostitutes, yung mga pumapasok sa ganung trabaho, hindi lahat walanghiya- hindi lahat walang pangarap- may mga totoong tao.
I stopped condemning, in fact, kahit nga ang isang babaero, o palit ng palit ng asawa hindi mo pwede i judge- until you know their life- what they have been through- bakit nila ginagawa ito- we cannot take life literally.
Hindi ka pwede mag husga ng tao, kahit yung mga nalululong- kasi may mabigat silang dalahin- tayo yung unang una sa society na dapat nakakaunawa.
May mga tao na kailangan gumamit ng ibang tao to exist, to continue their dreams, and our concept of good and evil varies up to our perspective-- and nasa atin ang mag reflect at pag intindi.
Meron mga taong willing din magamit, dahil sa mga personal na rason- na sila lang ang nakakaunawa.

And this is seeing the darkness-- and laerning how to turn the negative into the positive.
I am at the stage of reflecting on my life, mga tao nakilala ko, mga lessons.
It has always been, na kahit anong trabaho ng tao, saan siya nangggaling, anong history niya- ano ginagawa niya up to the present time-- andun yung I see a glimmer of hope- every time.
And only redeeming love-- yung totoong pagtanggap ko din sa sarili ko ng Darkness na meron sa akin, mga sarili kong dumi, mga sarili kong kasinunggalingan- mga sarili kong kasalanan- yung pagtanggap ko at pag unawa- at pag bura ng pagmamalinis.
Doon na huhugasan ang aking kaluluwa....





It feels like an all consuming fire, you consume me 
My breathing becomes deeper at the mere sight of you
You are iridescent and we are free
Let us bask in this moment.
I think I dropped my brain somewhere
The more I gaze at you, the more things become cloudy
The sky is blue, so blue I get mesmerized.
These sensations are new to me---
So new I want to immerse in them.
You are connected to me
Since I opened a portal, a portion of what I wanted to be
I know you are an all consuming fire
You might kill me in an instant
But I don’t care.
In love, logic does not exist.
I will continue holding your hand, in the light…and even in the darkness










Wider understanding of Love: 

Noong mas bata, I kept on wondering why certain people have mistresses, or bakit merong kabit, bakit merong tao na lima o anim ang boyfriend o girlfriend.
And then you grow up, and you realize, na malawak nga pala ang salitang Love.
You cannot set a limit to how you understand things.
Bigla ko naalala, yung mga tao na I don't have any physical connection with, but have stayed in my heart - yung tsaa na ininom ko at sinag ng araw meron pa sa ala-ala ko.
Meron yung mga tao na, mahal mo but have no sexual attraction whatsoever.
They just mentally stimulate you, you walk in Session road and they can discuss life with you, and you end up satisfied and smiling.
In that specific moment, nag share ka ng love, nag share siya ng love, ng munting space.
There are lots of conversations like this, people that I love not on a physical plane but we are connected-- for that fraction of a second.
I don't know, magkakaiba tayo, pero simula nung ma realize ko mga ganitong bagay I just stopped judging whatever is happening.
Wala na akong taong gustong i-judge from whatever perspective they are in.
Madami dami akong tinatangap na klase ng unawa, attraction at love perspectives and cannot go back to any traditional ideas that I had.
I just know na bukod sa love has no gender-- I have lost the need to judge.
You see, how can you measure the exactness of love--- when there are certain occasions where in you can love someone so much, you don't own them,
And you can only have tea or coffee conversations with them, wala siyang pupuntahan na kahit saan sa direksyon ng relasyon, but they are living in my state of forever.
Love has no time boundaries, just fractions of light. Separated into shingles from time to time.




AN Invitation
by: Kali Alaia

Sipping my coffee slowly
Combinining the granules, tasting the sweetness of the sugar
Allowing the smoothness of the liquid to trickle down my throat
I let you linger over my tongue
I have been observing the mist hovering the glass
The hot water was poured and started blending
Here lies an invitation..an invitation to sip
From moment to moment, from glory to ecstasy
The form, the energy, the very best parts of you
I'd like to take in.
Let's not have long and winding conversations
For we are not built that way
Your flirtations make their way into my dazed and foggy mind
This afternoon is making me want to pick that brain of yours
the sudden stimulus that is called you
Don't you know that I suddenly became thirsty for more
More of something that is called the new--
You are something unusual good for my soul
Not a lot of people want to tell the truth nowadays
But one thing is for sure, the moments are honest
The sudden burst of the moment between us is true
We must not promise undying love for each other
For I don't believe we are built that way
But let us hold each other's hands, feel the brush of the sensation in each other's skin
Let us laugh, let the chemical last for as long as it can.
Be my wine, be my truth--
Let me sip you, let me linger...let me dance in that haze of yours
Let me break that impenetrable shield I have placed on myself
For a moment let me be human, let me feel my humanity with you
I want you, and yet we don't need each other
There is no need to guarantee nor ask forever
For we are already one and connected..traveling to eternity dont you see..
Because our souls have already merged from the point of contact
We have time, we have time...
I'd like to take my coffee slowly... mixing the granules bit by bit
Let me be your coffee, let me be the cream, let me be the butter, let me be.. just let me be.
And you shall be my coffee, be that certain kind of something..
For just a split second be mine, let souls intertwine...
For a moment let us breathe this oneness--for a split second be here...
Let us be here.
Calypso Alaia's photo.




Popular posts from this blog

Know your local artist: Khervin John Gallandez : The Ilocano Artist

Khervin John Gallandez is an emerging visual artist from Ilocos. It has been a personal advocacy to share the amazing people I have met while on the road Khervin John Gallandez, is one of the many hopefuls in the local art industry— and he is definitely worth our time. He has focus and determination and young artists can learn a lot from his willingness to evolve when it comes to his craft. Q&A : At what age did you first realize that you wanted to become an artist? I started to draw at the age of 7, as far as I remember.  I draw simple houses with my cousins. My mother was a disciplinarian before, and she provides used papers for me to draw/scribble instead of me going out and playing around. When my father came back in Philippines from working abroad, he brought set of encyclopedias for me to read.  It was then the first time that I read about paintings of the old masters (e.g. Leonardo Da Vinci, Van Gogh and others) which gave me my

Why you need to visit the Bamboo Intramuros

There are very few places in Metro Manila that would make you feel relaxed and one with nature . I was fortunate enough to meet one of the legendary owners of  Bamboo Grande franchise.  Honesto Deuda aka Ka-Oni  is well loved by friends, acquaintances and people who have met him from different walks of life.  He co-owns some of the best bar and restaurants in Metro Manila. Ka Oni is known for creating inspiring and bars that have soul, spunk and spirit.  He has been conceptualizing organic looking resto bars for more than 10 years now. Ka- Oni's creations are noticeable because the resto bars that he creates are made out of love for music and the arts. His process is different, Ka Oni  creates the vision for the restaurants but does not need to put them on paper, they are directly executed from his imagination to reality.   Ka Oni was already featured in Mabuhay International Magazine for the amazing work that he has done with his surrounding commun

Origami Pilipinas: Changing the Country one paper fold at a time

MAY 22 TIU theater is an artist hub located in Makati, and I was given the chance to watch Bakata: The Battle of Street Poets, a play produced by  Toshihiko Uriu  -   The play was a huge success and is predicted to turn into a Philippine classic, but I am writing this article right now to highlight another story that occurred inside the TIU theater.  A collaboration piece that helped produce the effect of the wonder called Bakata. I noticed the glow of the lanterns and the paper cranes highlighted in the stage design, it had the flair and flamboyant but subtle effect that was needed in order to make the stage look just perfect for the story line.  Leo R Natividad is the President and Owner of Origami Pilipinas.  I was fortunate to meet members like  L. River Butay, Adonis dela Cruz as well as Jose Monzales and other volunteers who continue to strengthen Origami Pilipinas. Origami Pilipinas and their Advocacy: Origami Pilipinas, was founded out of pa